Friday, June 19, 2009

Recipe Of The Week...

Southern Macaroni and Cheese
(Because sometimes we all need a little comfort food)

1 lb. box Elbow Noodles
2 cans Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
3- 8 oz. bags Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Whole Milk
1/2 stick Butter(melted)

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Boil pasta for 4-5 minutes and drain. (Pasta will be slightly crunchy, but will cook through and soften in the oven). In large mixing bowl add noodles, 2 bags of cheese, cheddar cheese soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and butter. Mix well. Pour mixture into a large 9x13 pan and spread evenly. Then, sprinkle remaining bag of cheese on top. Bake for 30-45 minutes until the cheese on top is melted, and a little crispy...Serve and ENJOY!!


I made this Macaroni and Cheese a few nights ago, and all I can say is that it was a hit!! Zach and I usually invite a few of the single guys who are living in Tampa with us for the summer over for dinner each night, and they all said that this was definitely one of their favorite meals so far. Everyone went back for at least seconds which was great because this recipe makes a lot. I think we all need some comfort food every once in a while, and I must say that this Mac and Cheese is just that. It was absolutely delicious!!


2 comments:

Heather said...

yummmmm. i will try that this week. thanks!

nersey said...

I am not sure I need the comfort fod but I am looking forward to trying it. It sounds delish!