Since when did time start flying by so fast? Too fast if you ask me. Honestly people! Our little Eloise is FOUR months old today. These past four months have whizzed by. Even though I have loved every minute of the newborn stage, this little girl keeps getting more and more fun each and every day. She is growing up right before my eyes...into such a lovely little thing.
Here are a few things about Eloise at 4 months that I want to remember:
- She is FINALLY starting to love her tummy time...what was once a chore, is now something she finds joy in. She even got up onto her knees the other day. Maybe she'll be crawling before we know it? (I'm not so sure I'm ready for that yet)
- She has an obsession with her little tongue. But then again, she always has. She loves feeling it between her fingers...it's one of her many past times. This is why her daddy calls her his "Little Lizard."
- She could sit and stare at her feet for hours. I think she just barely realized they were on the end of her legs, and she thinks they are pretty darn neat...especially her toes!
- We get a kick out of how much she drools. Sometimes it seems like it's constant and never ending. Which brings us to the bubbles...oh the bubbles this girl can blow.
- She constantly babbles, and even screams on occasion. I think she is going to have a very loud and proud voice, just like her mama.
- She is becoming quite the copy cat. She loves to copy the noises we make, the silly faces we pull, and she especially loves to copy us when we blow out our lips...the whole blowing out her lips things is her newest trick.
- She is a daredevil, and absolutely LOVES when we pretend we are going to drop her.
- She has the roll down...rolling from front to back and back to front.
- She loves to sing songs with actions.
- There is no other way to hold her besides facing out...I think it's because she is so nosey and doesn't want to miss a thing.
- She is mesmerized by her Daddy when he plays the guitar and sings. Every once in a while she even tries to sing along. This is probably one of my favorite things she does.
- There is nothing she loves to cuddle and snuggle with more than her pink silky blankey...sometimes it's a complete lifesaver.
- Anything you give her goes straight to her mouth.
- She adores other kids! She loves to get really close to their face and talk to them. She is quite the social butterfly, and I love it.
- Bath time has got to be one of her most favorite times of the day...she loves to kick non-stop, and occasionally tries to drink the bath water. Plus, she knows that after her bath, she gets to be massaged with lotion, which may just be her second favorite part of the day.
- She is extremely ticklish, especially under her chin and in her pits. Mommy and Daddy can't help but tickle her though, because that's when we get to hear those loud, full-belly laughs that we love so much.
- She doesn't like to cuddle on your chest anymore, which breaks my heart. The only time I can ever get her to do this is when she is very tired, after a late night feeding.
- She loves her Mama's hair and necklaces...she thinks it's pretty dang fun to pull and play with both of them, constantly.
- Her fingernails grow like weeds...weeds I tell you! I swear we have to cut them every single week. She gets this from both her Mommy and Daddy.
- She loves the taste of watermelon and cantaloupe. Mommy likes to sneak in a lick here and there whenever she eats it.
Oh man, I could go on and on...I sure do love this baby girl!!